Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Day 3 of 21

Today I've been HUNGRY. Since I don't have the luxury of a personal chef, like Oprah had when she did her cleanse (heavy sigh), I'm sort of stuck with the fruits and veggies theme for every meal. I did make the most wonderful vegetable soup I have ever tasted last night (sorry to brag, but it's true) and had it again for lunch today, and will continue to have it as long as it lasts. I don't think I'll get tired of it, but it doesn't exactly fill me up. Neither does a salad, a bowl of fruit, a blueberry tofu smoothie, or a handful of nuts. Maybe if I ate all of that at the same time!

When I let go of the continuous thoughts of food, I can focus on how I'm feeling otherwise, which, weird as it sounds, is 'lighter'. I don't necessarily mean poundage, but I just feel lighter inside my body. This is even weirder - what is inside holding me to the ground? Maybe I'm meant to fly away, not literally, of course, but it could be my time to fly or bloom or take off.

The first dream I had about Dana after she died consisted of her poking me in the hand with a fork, and saying, "it's your turn now." What am I supposed to do with my turn? To where do I take off? I believe that if I can stay tuned to what the cleanse is telling me, I'll find out. How exciting!

No comments: