Friday, October 24, 2008

Day 145, I mean 5, of 21

This is how mean my daughter is - she came home from college for dinner tonight, and requested macaroni and cheese. I reminded her that I can't eat that right now, and she said, "I know".  Sheesh! But I fixed her a big pot of home-made mac & cheese, and other dishes that I could eat - pinto beans, long grain brown rice, and steamed vegetables. She tried to take all the leftover mac & cheese back to the dorm, to spare me the temptation, I'm sure (ha), but her Dad grabbed some to stick in our fridge for him and her brother. And you know what would be even more mean? If she didn't ever come home from college for dinner!  Thanks, Katelyn.

Let me tell you it's not fun fixing delicious food that you can't eat. I just kept reminding myself that it's only for three weeks. I can do anything for three weeks. Right? And now it's only 16 days, but who's counting?

A truly wonderful insight I had today had nothing to do with food, at least not food for the physical body. I was on my way to a meeting, sending up a prayer for guidance, love, and wisdom, b/c I hadn't really done much in the way of preparation. It suddenly dawned on me that I didn't need to pray for guidance, love, and wisdom b/c they are always available to me. I only needed to pray to be open to their flow. How cool is that? Spiritual nurturance (food) that is always there, flowing freely, waiting for us to remember to ask for it. Grace for the asking. Talk about abundance!

No comments: