Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Day 2 of 21

So the first 'issue' has come up for me during my cleanse - a little  earlier than I supposed it would, but that's cool. Here it is: if I lose weight while eating such a restricted diet, will I gain it back when I begin to eat 'normally' again? Even if it's not all about the weight, and it isn't, it is some about the weight, so what does that mean? My hope is that I will lose more weight than I need to, so gaining some back won't matter. But is that an enlightened way to look at this journey? I know that yo-yo weight loss and gain isn't good for my body, and it isn't something I want to do.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to do with this issue, but maybe the trick is to focus on the other reasons for doing the cleanse - the opportunity for my body to rest from it's job of getting rid of toxins, the discipline I can invite into my life, the suffering I can inflict on my husband and son as they go through this with me.  No, no, that's not right! Although I think they are suffering, I'm getting no pleasure from that fact. Honest.

Onward we go on the cleansing journey!  

No comments: