Monday, October 20, 2008

Day 1 of 21!

The first day is over! How to describe the experience? No major insights, but I expect they will come a little later.

I did learn that it's not easy to eat at restaurants. I spend $6 on broccoli and rice pilaf.  It was very good, but $6?? My friend Jane (who, I have to report, refused to do the cleanse with me) suggested that I order a regular meal, eat my two sides, then take the meat portion home to my menfolk, who are still eating all that stuff. Good idea, Jane!

I feel proud of myself, though it seems kinda silly to say so. I haven't done anything that anyone who is motivated couldn't do...and I've only done it for one day! But it feels good to be exercising the discipline to eliminate so many foods that I enjoy but aren't necessarily good for me.

I even made a vegan blueberry smoothie that was only slightly less delicious than my regular version. So breakfast is saved! Bon Appetite

No comments: