Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day 17 of 21

Almost there!  Only four nights and four days to go. Here's some surprising news - I have not lost any weight, not one ounce. Now this wasn't solely about losing weight, but it's hard to figure how I could be consuming no sugar (and practically no-thing else) walking and doing yoga most days, and still be ingesting enough calories to maintain my weight. My friend Jane (whom you may remember from the first post as the friend who refused to do this cleanse with me) suggested that maybe my current weight is my 'ideal' weight, and that I should accept myself just as I am. What a novel idea! I think she may be right, but I would like to do a little work on what I fondly refer to as the 'two-baby roll' around my middle. So more yoga is in order, with a side of Pilates.

In the meantime I'm still thinking about what happens Monday. Perhaps McAlister's for lunch - sweet tea and a spud ole with veggie chili, and Craig's famous homemade pizza for dinner. The good thing about not losing weight while cleansing is that I shouldn't have to worry about gaining weight when I can eat normally again. :-)

But I have discovered that I can have a very good salad without cheese or eggs, I enjoy Balsamic vinegar salad dressing, crackers without gluten, and I can definitely do without potato chips. Maybe the most important thing is that I am more intentional about eating...and hopefully by Monday I will be eating to live, not living to eat.

And, BTW, my friend Jane, even though she chose not to participate, has been an awesome support while I've been finding my way through this. Thanks Girlfriend!

No comments: