Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day 14 of 21

I haven't blogged in a while, so just in case you think it's b/c I've fallen off the cleanse wagon (or I'm dead), I'm here to tell you that I'm alive and well and hungry - ha! In some ways the process is getting easier. I know what I can't have and why I'm doing this, and I'm not tempted to cheat. But in other ways it's harder. It's really getting old to have such a limited choice of foods.  There's only so much you can do with vegetables. Don't get me wrong, I love vegetables, but raw, steamed, put in a soup, stir fried - after a while, it all looks and tastes the same.

But you know what? I really don't mean to complain. I am eternally grateful that I have access to good vegetables, a warm home in which to eat them, plenty of seasonings, something to cook them on, and family and friends to support me on this quest. And I'm especially thankful that it's only for three weeks, and I only have one week to go! Then it's a joyful trip to McAlister's for some sweet tea!  Eat on, Annie

No comments: